Monday, February 8, 2010

Maisey Swan: My Name is Ponyboy

The following is a format poem called "My Name Is". This poem was used  to depict a character in The Outsiders after we completed the novel. Ponyboy was my favorite character.


My Name is Ponyboy

My name is Ponyboy Curtis
The name I should be called is Greaser because I am a greaser.
The animal that is inside of me is a horse becuse I am fast and like to run.
What's in my heart is family because I love them with all my heart.
The sound I like is poetry,
The sound I dislike is fighting,
The smell I love is chocolate cake
The smell I don't love is blood.
I love to touch books
I don't love to touch knives and weapons.
I love the taste of the homemade cake,
The taste I don't love is bloody stuff.
Something I like to look at is the sunset.
I don't like to see fights.
My favorite memory is when my parents were alive and we had a better life.
The favorite thing in the whole wide world is the beautiful blue sky.

by Maisey Swan

2 comments:

  1. wow Maisey! that's quite a picture! keep writing. I cannot wait to see what you post next.

    ReplyDelete